D-Day Tour Normandy and Landing Beaches Full day
Small Group Tour With Hotel Pick up
Small Group Tour With Hotel Pick up
Join a small group full-day tour of the D-Day landing beaches in Normandy, one of the most significant Allied sites of WWII. Departing from Paris, you will have the opportunity to explore historic battlefields, monuments, and war cemeteries either independently or with a driver guide and an audio guide that will be provided. Learn about the importance of the D-Day landings, visit notorious sites such as:
Sainte-Mère-Église: the town was one of the first to be liberated by the Allies and was the site of intense fighting during the invasion. The town’s church, the Église Sainte-Mère, became famous for the paratrooper John Steele who became stuck on its spire during the invasion. ( duration : 1:30 hours )
Pointe du Hoc: the cliff was fortified by the Germans with concrete bunkers and gun emplacements, which posed a significant threat to Allied troops landing on the nearby beaches. On June 6, 1944, a group of American soldiers, led by Lieutenant Colonel James Earl Rudder, successfully scaled the cliff and neutralized the German defenses. ( duration : 45 mn )
Omaha Beach: during the D-Day landings, American forces landed on the beach as part of the larger invasion of Normandy. The landing was heavily fortified by German defenses and resulted in significant casualties for the Allied forces. Despite this, the Americans were eventually able to breach the defenses and secure the beach, which allowed for the further advance inland. ( duration : 30 mn )
Finally, pay your respects at the American Cemetery and Memorial in Colleville-sur-Mer. ( 45 mn )
Round-trip transport from your hotel & apartment in Paris is included in the tour ( only : 1,2,5,6,7,8,12,13,14,15,16, district in Paris )
Duration : 13 hours (transfer time included) - 8 pax maximum
Tour Language : English.
From 289 €
- Hotel Pick up & Drop off exclusively in Paris
- Small Group transfers in comfortable, air-conditioned minivans 8 pax max
- Services of an experienced driver-guide + Audio guide
- American D-Day Experience: Visit with free time to take photos
- Pick-up only Paris : 1,2,5,6,7,8,12,13,14,15,16, district
Not Included :
- Lunch is not included
- Hotel Pick-up and Drop-off outside Paris and 3,4,10,11,17,18,19,20, district
• Special Discount for Rick Steves readers: -10% entering your promo code:
• The itinerary, times and schedule are approximate and subject to change.
• Please be ready on time at the meeting point (in front of your hotel or outside the apartment building), or you will miss your tour and it will not be refunded. No delay will be accepted.
• Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking.
• Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
Tour operated by Paris Webservices
MENU ( for lunch or dinner )
Lunch is not included
MEETING POINT & MAP
Departure (from your Hotel or Residence in Paris): from: 6:30 am
Your reservation is not confirmed until you receive a confirmation from us via email under 48 hours.
If a minimum of 4 participants is not reached at d-10, Paris Webservices can cancel the tour and you will be refunded.
In the event you cancel your booking, cancellation fees will be charged as detailed below :
1) More than 6 days prior to the event date, you will be charged a 0% cancellation fee
2) 4 to 5 days prior to the event date, you will be charged a 50% cancellation fee
3) From 3 days prior to the event date, you will be charged a 100 % cancellation fee ( No show )
Advance payment is required to validate your reservation. Payments on this site can only be made by using MASTERCARD or VISA, through our secured Internet pages. Your bank card details will be encrypted (up to 128 bits) with the SSL (Secured Socket Layer) protocol. Your bank card details are never transmitted unencrypted on the Internet.
Payment stays on hold until the services are confirmed:
Occasionally our suppliers and / or service providers make changes to tour dates, prices, inclusions, coverage, age requirements, etc. As a result, PWS reserves the right to deny or accept your payment. Under this agreement, the processing of payments remains on hold until the services are confirmed by our reservation center. After this, you will receive a personalized email for each tour, event or service booked and paid, or a notification that we could not retain your payment. Please wait for our reply. If the tour is available, we will confirm within 1 business day and your credit card will be charged 100% of the cost of the tour, show, or other services (including tax), plus the booking fee indicated, if any. This amount will be debited in Euros. The rates shown include all taxes and VAT.
Any interruption of the tour or service during its delivery, at the client's request, shall not give rise to any refund. Any customer who arrives after the starting time of the excursion shall be considered a "no show". He won’t be refunded or be able to postpone his tour, whatever the reason for his tardiness. The organizer reserves the right to cancel or modify certain tours without notice if the client’s comfort or safety so requires. This could happen in a force majeure case, during a strike or demonstration, an administrative decision or exceptional closure...